Skiers and SnowBoarders are always at the mercy of mother nature, but this year she has thrown us a entirely new curve ball — COVID-19. While we look to plan our ski vacations, hit the hill for the day or buy season passes, there are several things to be aware of;
- Ski conglomerates such as Vail Resorts and Alterra Mountain Group are promising season pass holders priority mountain access.
- Reservations will be required to hit the hill, with priority going to season pass holders.
- Be prepared for longer lift lines due to 6-foot spacing and restrictions on the number of skiers allowed on lifts and gondolas.
- Don’t be surprised if lockers are not made available — day trippers get ready to change in your cars.
- Don’t plan to grab lunch in the cozy lodge or an après ski hot toddy at the bar, Say hello though to food trucks and pre-ordered breakfast and lunches to go.
- If you have your own gear, bring it, as rentals are going to be a big hassle this year
- Your car, truck or SUV will likely be your homebase this year- pack it with sunscreen, water bottles and cooler full of snacks. Embrace the ski parking lot tailgate.
- Mask Up!